Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Mother's Day!


Today I want to wish all the mothers out there a very Happy Mother's Day! As a new mother myself, I have gained such a different perspective on motherhood and all of its beautiful sacrifices! You all of a sudden realize that the long nights and the exhausting/demanding schedule that is non-stop, around the clock are worth every second of sleep lost! Because, when your little one locks those sweet eyes with yours, coos and gives you a big, toothless smile that melts your heart everything just falls into place!

However, I have only just brushed the surface of the wonderful adventure called motherhood... still to come are the early-age milestones and then the dreaded teenage years! So, with this newly gained perspective I wanted to show my mother my great appreciation for all that she has done with a Mother's Day brunch. Now I have to say, because this was my first Mother's Day, my incredible and loving husband took my grocery list and brunch menu ideas, and spent the entire morning cooking up the most incredible food and then cleaning the entire celebration once everyone had parted, while I slept in, mingled and enjoyed a much needed mimosa. He is truly a wonderful man! Anyway, I thought I would share some of the pictures, that include some easy, do-it-yourself ideas. Afterall, it is all about the details! I hope that you enjoy and to all the mothers out there... this is your day!

No comments: