Thursday, December 11, 2008

The Creative Advent






Who doesn't love an advent calendar?? As a little girl, I always had one growing up and to this day, I still look forward to this holiday tradition. So today, I was inspired by the excitement of my little niece and nephew to blog about advent calendars, and boy are there some really great ones out there! Check out some of the creative Christmas calendars:

The first one is just TOO CUTE! These little knit mittens and hats from Garnett Hill are hung by the chimney with care, as they count down to Christmas with little cross-stitched numbers and any goodies that might be stuffed within them.

The second is a garland of hanging pyramid boxes filled with chocolate (yum!) found at Julie Ree and I just LOVE this idea!! And what makes it even better is that you can download a template for these adorable pyramid boxes right here so that you can get creative and design your own.

No comments: